Salient Points on DIR-3 KYC
- OTP will be valid for 15 minutes
- Foreign citizens – the passport is mandatory, and attachment also mandatory, the permanent address should be abroad;
- Aadhar mandatory for Indian citizens,
- Not required to attach PAN for Indian citizens
- Personal Mobile no. and e-mail id should not be linked to any other director or certifying professional
- Personal e-mail id should not be official e-mail id – it should be personal like gmail, yahoo etc.
- Foreign citizens – mobile no. should be foreign
- Foreign citizens but resident in India – mobile no. can be Indian
- Foreign DSCs not allowed, only Indian DSCs.
- Attestation of documents by practicing professional – mandatory
- In case of the change in address from the DIN records, first file form DIR-6 and then file form DIR-3-KYC
- Passport not mandatory for Indian citizens, but if you mention Yes to do you have your passport, then mandatory to give details and attach passport.
- Attestation rules to be followed as specified in the Companies (Incorporation) Rules
- Driving licence and EC Id – not mandatory, but if you specify the details, then you have to attach the documents.
News Compiled by CS Pankaj Jain - Source: ICSI webinar